Wednesday 10 July 2013

Simple Kind To Lips Essential Lip Balm SPF 15

Hi! Hope you are enjoying the sun! It feels like such a long time since we have had weather worthy of calling Summer. I'm really loving the warmth but my little one is having a hard time of it. Its just too hot and clammy for babies and he doesn't know where he wants to be. I've got him lathered in factor 50 and stripped to a baby grow. If it stays sunny for the next few days, I'm going to buy a paddling pool for him, try and let him get some pleasure from the sun.



I think its really important to pay attention to SPF in the sun and to always wear protection. It can be so easy to burn and peel and really there is no reason at all we should put ourselves through the pain and hassle. One place that I can easily forget about and neglect in the sun is my lips. I noticed that I had a tube of Simple's new Kind To Lips Essential Lip Balm. I don't know how I came by this product, Not sure If it was something I bought or If it was a sample; I just can't remember to be honest. I'm not sure of the exact retail price but these are going on sale in ASDA, Tesco, Boots and Superdrug. 



The Packaging is really quite nice, Its fresh and clean. I love the combination of white and greens  as the white feels clean and green has a natural leafy feeling to it. Simple's packaging has always been one of my drug store favourites as far as skin care is concerned. The instructions and ingredients are clear and easy to read.

This Lip Balm isn't the best that I've ever used. I loved Figs and Rouge Rambling Rose Balm, but having said that, it's the best lip balm I've used in warm weather. It feels nice and moisturising, helping lips feel smooth. The formula is nice so its creamy but not tacky enough to run with heat. It has good longevity, lips feel nice and comfortable for hours. Its ideal for lips that have already dried too, as it helps restore your pout back to its former kissable glory, whilst preventing further damage with the SPF 15. 




The casing is very functional and the balm feels secure. Nothing worse than applying a tad pressure to a balm and it snapping off. There is a adequate amount of product tucked away in the tube and as you only seem to use the tiniest slick to do the job, Its going to last a long time. I've found It even helps lip stick stay in place better when used as a base. 

To summarize: A really great lipstick that has a space in every handbag. Universal so could be used by all the family. Only down side is I'm yet to see this product in my local shops. I'm going to the metro centre tomorrow (Well today to you lot, this post is scheduled a day in advance), so hopefully I will see it on shelves there. If not and you do want to try this keep an eye on the Simple website for updates.

What do you use to protect your lips in the sun? Do you use a high or low SPF?

Much Love
Amy
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I never really think about protecting my lips in the sun as they only chap in the cold. Maybe I'm ignorant lo. Great review x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sucker for lip balms and this Simple one sounds great - definitely need to try it! xx

    www.jsandmakeup.co.uk

    ReplyDelete