Saturday 15 June 2013

SK-II Skin Signature Anti Ageing cream

Evening Gorgeous, Hope you are enjoying your weekend so far! Iv'e acquired a good few samples over recent months and I decided to dive into them and see if I could find a skin saviour as my face has been looking a little dull. I stumbled across SK-II skin signature Anti Ageing cream and thought I'd try it. It wasn't for the purpose I wanted, but, most creams are multi purpose these days so it might brighten me up a little. And boy did I need brightening after a few restless nights with a teething baby boy.




Isn't this packaging really pretty? I heart all things red, its one of my favourite colours. Cute and compact. The Full size product appears to be a larger version of this. The cream had a little cover inside to seal and maintain freshness, I did think that was a nice touch as once a product is open it starts to expire and there's nothing worse than someone opening a product in a store and it becoming grubby/ separating or not working correctly just a few weeks after purchase.

I'd never heard of SK-II before I received this sample so naturally, I dug a little deeper and "googled" the brand. First impressions on what I found were WOW, WHAT A PRICE TAG. This cream is currently retailing for £127.75 (on offer!!) at Harrods.  It seems ridiculous that a 50g cream would sell for so much. For that amount of money, I really would expect the Peter Pan effect. In fact, I'd want to look more youthful than ever.

The more i researched the more intrigued i became by the history of this product. Around 30 years ago, a scientist realised that a group of workers at a Japanese saké brewery had incredibly beautiful and young looking hands. This discovery launched them into 5 years of intense research into different types of yeast and environments for fermentation. This eventually resulted in the discovery of SK-II’s signature ingredient, Pitera. Pitera is a blend of vitamins, amino acids, minerals and organic acids. Pitera Helps brighten skin tone (Happy days, just what I wanted!), helps moderate the skins renewal cycle, replenishes moisture, improves skin texture and absorbs really quickly. Sounds amazing doesn't it? The Cream itself is a lovely rich consistency, it feels light and fluffy on the skin and it soaks in exceptionally well. Just a tiny amount goes a long way. So despite the price tag, a jar of this has the potential to last a good year. I dare say lots of us will unconsciously spend that on moisturisers, day and anti ageing creams over the duration of a year. Value for money? Expensive but you get what you pay for. After Just one week of using this cream my skin feels rejuvenated. My dark circles have improved (nothing will completely shift these bags), My skin doesn't feel tight, I'm less lumpy bumpy and my visible ores look a tad smaller. I'm head over heels in lust for this cream. My skin hasn't felt this healthy or looked this clean in a long time. I tend to break out when I chop and change creams and I haven't even had a glimpse of a pimple. Amazing right? I will put this on a wish list but if I don't stumble across another sample or find someone generous enough to spoil me, I won't be buying a full size tub. I do love it and I would make it my every day cream if I could, BUT I don't have a money tree and with a new baby, I'd prefer to find a cheaper alternative and spend my money taking him out and spoiling him. If you have the cash or really want to try this, give it a go, pop it on a Christmas list. It is worth every penny. 


Anyone else tried this? What are your thoughts? Do you have a anti ageing or day cream that your in love with? Get in touch I love to Hear from you. Much LoveAmy xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Love the look of that! & for a sample too, how gorgeous! I love delving into my sample bags and seeing what I pull out haha :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was shocked it was a sample because its quite a big tub and the full size is soo expensive, the sample must be at least £50 or something like that xx its fun isn't it xx

      Delete
  2. looks great, and i'm sure it's amazing stuff.. but I am also sure you can get less expensive products that have the same effect.

    http://lifeslikearoadwetravelon.blogspot.com/
    x

    ReplyDelete