Friday 14 June 2013

MUA Kiss Proof Lip Stain (Kissalicious, Fruitilicous, Fabulicious)

Hello beautiful. I've had a bit of a love affair with lip products for a good few weeks now and whilst shopping today I couldn't resist picking up these three Lovelies.


It was the applicator that drew me to these specific lip stains, it reminds me of a felt tip pen and makes me reminisce of old school days. Isn't it funny how something none related can help bring back memories?


 I really like that the colour of the casing on each product reflects the colour of the lip stain inside. Handy. The product is amazingly easy to apply as the tip allows for detail and precision. There's nothing worse than stain smudging as it can be super hard to budge without ruining your other make up.


I was rather disappointed at the range of shades available, there are currently just three, I would have liked to have seen a plum and red too. The three shades that are available are Frutilicious, Kissalicious and Fabulicious.

When applied these stains do give an instant burst of matte colour. Disappointingly I don't feel that they would be strong enough to suit some skin tones but again maybe if they introduced some darker colours? If you don't suit pales don't bother. If you are a fan of subtle and love just a touch of colour these would be perfect. I'm naturally fair so they work well for me. The lip stains are fairly well pigmented. They aren't as build-able as other stain products like Benefit's Benetint BUT these aren't designed to be multi purpose like Benefit's products so for the lip, they give the shade you expect with good coverage. I'd say that Fabulicious has pinky undertones, Fruitilicious has red and Kissalicious more of a purple tone.


As far as Longevity goes, these tints do stay on longer than a lipstick or gloss would, but as you'd expect, they don't give that opaque lipstick look. The tinted colour remains after food and drink but if you like to look like your freshly made up, you may want to re apply mid day. I'd definitely say that these tints are for natural look lovers or for using at the beach where heavy lips are a no go. As much as I feel these tints have a well deserved place in my make up drawers, I think personally I'd sway towards something a little stronger looking.


As far as value for money goes, they cost me £3.00 each in Superdrug. You really can't grumble for that price. They might not be in my everyday essentials, but they will be perfect for when I'm looking for something subtle.

Anyone else tried these? What's your opinion? I think I prefer Benefits Benetint, What's your opinion?

Much Love
Amy
xoxo


.

6 comments:

  1. Hi! Lovely blog! I saw you posted on Rosy Chic's post and wanted to come visit!
    I've never tried these particular lip stains but I've never cared for the lip stains that come marker style like this. I prefer a doe-foot applicator or brush. Thanks for the review, the colors they have are nice, so it's always tempting! Lol
    Kallie, But First Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for popping by! i love that they look like a felt tip pen and the applicator works well enough, but im more of a lipstick girl. they are nice to have though xx

      Delete
  2. your blog is beautiful! I've never heard or tried these.. but they look fun to try out :) also, you have a new follower ;)

    http://lifeslikearoadwetravelon.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks soo much hun, glad you like my blog, we share the same name amy lol, ill check your blog out too xxx

      Delete
  3. The colours look great I've never tried lip stains before though.
    http://makeupbyjoanna909.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are worth a try to see what you think, even if you go for a multi purpose tint like benefits xx

      Delete