Wednesday 22 May 2013

Samantha Chapman Real Techniques Make Up Brushes


Hi! Hope you are all feeling well today! My blog is looking rather bare and posts are sparse so I thought id add a quick post about my real techniques make up brushes. Now as a blog reader myself I know that there are millions of posts out there for this very "hyped" brand and its products.
For those of you that don't know Real techniques brushes were created by beauty guru Samantha Chapman who is one half of the infamous Pixiwoo. If you haven't checked out  Pixiwoo's You tube Channel be sure to have a look.
Until watching the Pixiwoo channel i never really understood the importance of make up brushes let alone owned any. I'm slowly building my Real Techniques collection and there are only a few brushes left that I need to buy to complete.

As you can see these brushes are really colourful, and not just for the sake of it, the colours symbolise the purpose, for example the golden colour brushes are base, the purple are eyes and the pink for finish. For those out there who don't normally use brushes they have a little heading on the handle showing the brushes purpose. so pretty fool proof. just because a brush is said to be for a said purpose id always encourage people to try it with different products to see the finish. after all we all have different skin types different products and will achieve different results.

I'd have loved these labels on brushes back in my teens when i was unsure about what went where and a blusher brush and a make up sponge applied just about every product. The larger of the brushes have flat bases which comes in handy when your getting ready half way through applying product and the phone rings and you don't want to just plop the brush down and dirty your dressing table or carry the brush around.


Now if you take a closer look at the bristles on these brushes the ends are a lighter colour. now this seems to be the case throughout the whole range, i find it handy as it helps you see the amount of product on the brush. The fibres are Taklon and these bristles are ultra plush and smoother than the hair you'll find in other brushes. If like me your an animal lover its good to know synthetic products font harm bunnies in the making!


Now I've owned a few of my brushes for quite some time now so don't have packaging photographs to post but packaging in this case doesn't really matter, the brushes are super cute and I don't know anyone who keeps a brush packet? there is a cute little carry case that comes with the collection brushes. These brushes are available from most drug stores, I purchased mine on line from feelunique.
The brushes are sold in "collections" or as individual brushes. The collections are immense value for money as they retail at around £20.00, I know that some brands charge that amount for a single brush that in my opinion isn't always as good quality.



Here's a quick low down on what the brushes i have do....

Core Collection:

Detailer brush: precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or, use with lipstick for long-lasting shape and definition

Pointed foundation brush: Use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage

Buffing brush: ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation

Contour brush: delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer, soft-focus finish

Starter set:

Base shadow brush: applies a smooth, flawless foundation of colour

Deluxe crease brush: soft, over sized design for effortless contouring

Accent brush: designed for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting, and smudging

Pixel-point eyeliner brush: tapered cut is ideal for dense or fine eyeliner application

Brow brush: distinctive shape easily defines eyebrows

Single brushes purchased individually

Powder brush: evenly applies mineral and powder foundations for high definition results

Angled foundation brush: The angled cut lets you build the coverage you need for airbrushed, high-definition results

Stippling brush: This dual-fiber brush is the trade secret for creating airbrushed, high-definition results with all types of makeup

Blush brush: Contour and define cheeks for flawlessly blended, high-definition results

Setting brush: The key to completing any look with a controlled dusting of powder or highlighter



There are several other brushes available and I do hope to eventually own them all. I'd highly recommend these brushes to anyone, incredibly good value for money and exceptional quality.

Like all make up brushes they need to be washed. I clean mine regularly with MAC brush cleaner or baby shampoo. These brushes clean really well and I haven't lost a bristle yet!

Has anyone else tried these brushes? I'd love to know which you have and what you think?

much love
Amy
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Great review, I've just started buying these only got the stippling brush so far which is amazing! Defo need to get more xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im going to try crown brushes next but i doubt they will be as good as these xx

      Delete
  2. I don't think I could live without my RT brushes now. I only have the base collection as I don't really wear with eye make up except eyeliner & mascara.

    Hayley @ teapartybeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post, the RT brush are the best makeup brushes for applying makeup! I cant wait to buy them soon..Thanks for sharing!


    If you have time, you can also visit this website: http://blushies.com/

    ReplyDelete